Tuesday, June 2, 2009


Take a look at the latest satellite image from the Gulf of Mexico and let me know what you think. Water temperatures are just about 80F under that cloud mass and some models are trying to make a closed low out of this by late Wednesday and into Thursday before it moves onshore near the Florida panhandle and Alabama border. Does that sound familiar?

We just had a storm (no tropical classification) form over the Gulf a couple of weeks ago. That one too moved onshore near the same area and with some gusty winds and heavy rains. The NHC is not saying anything about it and I don't think it will get much attention, but regardless of what the NHC does, if I were in that area of the Gulf coast I would certainly be watching the forecast for Thursday and Friday. Who cares if it has a name or number, it could be a rainy and windy day! I'll keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment